Salary: Dependent on experience.
Start date: October
Contact: Via email only — [email protected]
Job type: Fixed-term maternity cover
Please note: Only successful candidates will be contacted
We’re seeking a dynamic and talented acting deputy editor for the award-winning National Geographic Traveller (UK). This position is a fixed-term maternity cover contract of nine months with the possibility of extension.
Key duties & responsibilities
• Support the editor to deliver the brand’s needs across print, digital, events and awards
• Liaise with editorial, design, production and sales departments
• Write and edit to a consistently high standard
• Commission features and work with contributors
• Lead projects and deputise in the editor’s absence
• Investigate and develop new and existing content ideas
• Represent National Geographic Traveller (UK) at events in the UK and overseas
• Ensure production deadlines are met in accordance with schedules and that expenditure is within budgets
Essential skills & requirements
You might already be a deputy editor, or perhaps you’re an assistant or features editor looking to take a step up to a more senior role. Either way, we’ll expect:
• At least five years’ experience on a consumer print title
• Demonstrable knowledge of travel
• Excellent contacts across the industry
• Outstanding writing and editing
• The ability to work well in a small team
• Organisational skills and time management
• Good knowledge of basic CMS, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
If you’re interested in this position, please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter stating what makes you a suitable candidate for this position.
APL Media Limited is a medium-sized company based in Kentish Town. Over the past 20 years, we’ve focused on travel and lifestyle and have built a friendly, loyal and experienced team.
Consumer: National Geographic Traveller (UK edition), National Geographic Traveller — The Collection, National Geographic Traveller Food and newspaper inserts.
Trade: Postcards, Travel Trends, ASTA Worldwide Destination Guide.