Designer, full time
Salary: Up to 28k
Start date: ASAP
Deadline for applications: 31 January 2020
Contract: Full time
Please note: Only successful candidates will be contacted
APL Media Limited, a travel and lifestyle content marketing agency, seeks an innovative designer to work across their portfolio in digital and print.
APL Media Limited seeks a designer to join our growing content marketing team with experience in magazine design and creative campaigns to work across over 50 publications in mobile, online and print formats.
If you have an excellent eye for detail and a passion for creating strong visuals for creative concepts, pitches, proposals, magazines and digital campaigns, then we’d like to meet you.
You will need experience of running your own project – as well as a willingness to get stuck in, learn, grow and create superb work for our superb team.
As part of this role you’ll be liaising with the content marketing team, editorial and design departments as well as clients to ensure you can meet the requested briefs.
Being fluent in Creative Suite is a given, PowerPoint (for proposals) and some experience of digital design skills such as HTML and CSS a plus.
Projects will range from client pitches and proposals that require concept work, content marketing campaign work, artworking for events and online, regular magazine pages and one-off projects from design right through to final delivery.
The right candidate will be able to work in a team but be a self-starter — able to take a brief and run with it to create varied and cutting-edge visuals first time, often with a very tight lead in. A desire to learn and grow into the role is essential.
Experience in commissioning photographers and illustrators would be beneficial.
• Mac OSX/Creative Suite
• Microsoft Office, and in particular PowerPoint
• Mail creation programs and Dreamweaver/CSS (not essential)
• Project management experience and client liaison (not essential)
• Report to the Editorial Director and Art Director and part of the Content Marketing team
• Working as part of the design team leading projects where required
• Creating of proposals, pitches, event artwork
• Working on all aspects of design and on individual projects from concept to publication
• Picture management: image researching and picture budgeting, sourcing illustrators/pictures, liaising with picture libraries and working with a picture researcher where necessary
• Degree required, but would consider candidates with good experience and portfolios
If you are interested in working for us, send a copy of your CV, a link to your portfolio and a cover letter stating why you think you’re the designer we’re after. Please note file sizes should be no more than 3MB per email.
APL Media Limited is a medium sized company of over 70+ people – based in Kentish Town, London. Over the past 20 years we have focused on travel and lifestyle content for the consumer and trade and have built a friendly, loyal and experienced team.
Trade: Postcards, Travel Trends, ASTA Worldwide Destination Guide.
Consumer: National Geographic Traveller (UK edition), National Geographic Traveller – The Collection, National Geographic Traveller Food and newspaper inserts.