Digital content assistant
Start date: ASAP
Contact: Via email only — [email protected]
Job type: Permanent
Please note: Only successful candidates will be contacted
APL Media Limited is looking for an enthusiastic digital content assistant to join the digital team in our North London office.
A proactive self-starter who is a natural on a variety of social media platforms, you’ll help contribute to the running of the company’s main brands. These include National Geographic Traveller’s (UK) Twitter, Facebook, Instagram channels, which have a combined following of over 200,000. You’ll be confident in using different platforms to drive engagement and traffic while keeping to the style and message of National Geographic Traveller.
You’ll also be responsible for overseeing paid advertising campaigns, taking on some marketing duties and helping to compile reports.
You’ll also keep up to date with changes in algorithms and emerging technology in order to help input ideas on how to evolve and adapt the brand’s content strategy with the online editor.
As a member of the digital team, you’ll work with the online editor, commercial projects editor and operations manager.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Share content, track trending subjects and plan our social media strategy with the online editor
- Manage paid advertising campaigns on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Carry out SEO research and upload content to the website
- Manage live social media coverage at events
- Report on content using Google Analytics
- Assist with weekly newsletters
- Manage community conversation and respond appropriately
- Idea generation and creative thinking
- General support for digital team
Essential skills & requirements:
- A strong understanding and enthusiastic user of social media
- An interest in National Geographic Traveller and its core values
- Intuitive and analytical
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Well versed in social media analytics (or quick to learn)
- Familiarity with content management systems (Drupal)
- Understanding of SEO
- Understanding of how to market/promote events, competitions and campaigns
- BA in journalism, marketing, communications or other relevant subject
- Strong visual and creative flair, with basic Photoshop skills and familiarity with Instagram Stories
- Organised and able to manage multiple projects
- An excellent planner, able to spot and adapt to changes and understand what makes content exciting and engaging for our audiences
- A confident writer with the ability to write stories for different platforms and create captions for Instagram and Twitter
If you’re interested in this position, please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter stating what makes you a suitable candidate for this position.
APL Media Limited is a medium-sized company based in Kentish Town. Over the past 20 years, we’ve focused on travel and lifestyle and have built a friendly, loyal and experienced team.
Trade: Postcards, Travel Trends, ASTA Worldwide Destination Guide.
Consumer: National Geographic Traveller (UK edition), National Geographic Traveller – The Collection, National Geographic Traveller Food and newspaper inserts.