Editorial admin assistant
Salary: Up to £23k pro rata per annum
Start date: ASAP
Deadline for applications: End of Jan 2019
Contact: Via email only: [email protected]
Please note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Enthusiastic Editorial Admin Assistant sought by APL Media Limited to join our friendly Kentish Town-based team, overseeing a busy editorial office.
This is an entry-level position for a dedicated, organised individual who’s interested in taking a first step towards a career in a travel and lifestyle in a friendly content marketing agency. Would suit someone willing to give 100% to any job they do, however big or small.
The ideal candidate will be someone looking for a challenge who is able to provide organisational support to the editorial team and ensure the smooth running of the department. They will be happy to learn on the job, manage a busy diary, coordinate internal and external meetings and perform administrative duties. From picture research to assisting with events, uploading online content to organising a weekly shop, they will show a willingness to learn, enthusiasm and great people skills. Journalism skills are useful as there will also be the opportunity to work across our titles, including some writing – though note, this is primarily an admin/picture research role not a writing position.
What we’d expect
- Proficient on a Mac and using Creative Suite (Indesign) and MS Office, as well as being web savvy and social media savvy.
- Good communications skills
- Proactive approach to work, flexible approach to work and good prioritisation skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Can work autonomously and show initiative
- Database organisation skills and being able to look after confidential information where required
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- Positive attitude and can-do approach
- Admin duties: being the first point of contact for the department – meet and greet skills, organising press releases, answering the phone, liaising with writers, organising events and interviews, responsible for the daily diary, office birthdays — mucking in on whatever needs doing
- Picture research and management of picture library
- Some writing, subbing and proofing including advertorials
- Compile research for the editorial team and an understanding of all products
- Uploading across our online titles
- Report to, and assist, the Editorial Director
- Updating APL Media Website
- Responsible for media packs
- Assisting with the internship programme
- Maintaining our back-catalogue database
- Other ad hoc duties where required
If you are interested in this position, please send a copy of your CV with a cover letter stating what makes you a suitable candidate for this position.
APL Media Limited is a medium sized company of over 70+ people – based in Kentish Town, London. Over the past 20 years we have focused on travel and lifestyle content for the consumer and trade and have built a friendly, loyal and experienced team. www.aplmedia.co.uk
Trade: Postcards, Travel Trends.
Consumer: National Geographic Traveller (UK edition), National Geographic Traveller – The Collection, National Geographic Traveller Food and Newspaper Inserts.