Salary: Up to £24k per annum dependent on experience
Start date: ASAP
Contact: Via email only: [email protected]
Please note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.
APL Media Limited, a travel and lifestyle content marketing agency based in Kentish Town, seeks a production controller to work across their portfolio.
APL Media Limited seeks a production controller to join their fast-growing creative team working across over 50 publications in mobile, web and print formats.
The ideal candidate would have had experience of working in a small but busy editorial department including all elements of the production process: from basic copy chasing; to creating and preflighting PDFs; advert and html design; and printer online approval systems. You are used to managing all aspects of the production – liaising with sales and editorial teams, printers and clients, ensuring you can meet the requested briefs and time frames. An interest in new media would be a benefit, working alongside the production team and managing titles across both traditional the digital platforms.
Being highly proficient in Adobe CC suite (Indesign, Acrobat, Photoshop and Illustrator) on an Apple Mac OS is a necessity. Experience with Google Ad Manager, Google Analytics, HTML, CSS and WordPress would be desirable (training can be given).
To assist in the production of all content across all platforms from print to digital editions (apps, page turning magazines), newsletters (using HTML) and websites. Our portfolio includes ASTA Worldwide Destination Guide, supplements, newspaper inserts, Countrybycountry.com, directories, a golf special, Postcards, National Geographic Traveller (UK), media packs, stationery and new projects. Please visit aplmedia.co.uk for further detail about us and our titles.
Essential Software: Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Apple Mac) primarily Indesign, Acrobat, Photoshop and Illustrator.
MS Office – including Outlook, Excel and Word
Additional Software: Adobe Dreamweaver, Enfocus Pitstop and Pitstop server, WordPress, Google Ad Manager, Google Analytics, Workbooks, Insite, XMF
- Understanding of print production and general digital process.
- Copy chasing and managing a databases – good telephone manner and email etiquette essential
- Managing the Production schedule on projects / publications
- Managing advertiser; sales; and editorial deadlines regularly liaising with each department.
- Working alongside the production team.
- Excellent time management and being highly organised is essential.
- Proofing both online and hard copy.
- Designing / amending adverts.
- Creating and updating html newsletters.
- Online magazine and app management.
- General Photoshop retouching and colour work.
- Being familiar with all current programmes and software.
- Being able to multi-task and work alone where required.
- Hands on understanding of Mac / editorial issues.
- Report to the Editorial Director and Production Manager.
If you are interested in this position, please send a copy of your CV with a cover letter by an email to [email protected].
Please do not apply if you do not fall into this salary grade. Thank you for your interest but please note only successful candidates will be contacted.
APL Media Limited is a medium sized company of over 70+ people – based in Kentish Town, London. Over the past 20 years we have focused on travel and lifestyle content for the consumer and trade and have built a friendly, loyal and experienced team.
Trade: Postcards, Travel Trends, ASTA Worldwide Destination Guide.
Consumer: National Geographic Traveller (UK edition), National Geographic Traveller – The Collection, National Geographic Traveller Food and newspaper inserts