Project editor, newspaper supplements
Start date: ASAP
Contact: Via email only — [email protected]
Job type: Permanent
Please note: Only successful candidates will be contacted
APL Media is looking for a project editor to join our friendly Kentish Town-based team, overseeing our newspaper content.
Taking responsibility for our range of newspaper supplements, you’ll have creative ideas and an interest in lifestyle topics, current affairs and trends. The role involves working on a series of promotional newspaper supplements (distributed with national newspapers), featuring content ranging from health and education to travel and homes. You’ll oversee content from original copy through to layout and final proofs stages. Project management, commissioning writers, understanding of flatplans, writing, editing, fact-checking and proofing should all be part of your skillset.
With experience of working with writers, clients and sales teams, you’ll be able to confidently manage the project workflow from beginning to end while looking after all administrative aspects associated with the role. You’ll also act as the conduit between different departments, including sales, design and production, ensuring successful project delivery.
You should also be prepared to assist in developing new projects across other media as required.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Oversee and contribute to the development of our newspaper supplements, including commissioning and editing content
- Work with designers, sub-editors and media sales managers
- Work closely with team members and external writers to ensure all materials created adhere to the project brief, meet the company’s high standards and keep to style guidelines
- Serve as a liaison between the sales, editorial, design and production departments
- Ensure high-quality content and design across a range of print and online products
Essential skills & requirements:
- Experience of writing, editing and proofreading
- Great people skills are essential, as you’ll be dealing with the sales team, writers and clients on a regular basis
- Proficient on a Mac and a confident user of InDesign and MS Office
- Excellent organisational skills to manage all administrative tasks, including processing invoices and managing spreadsheets
If you’re interested in this position, please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter stating what makes you a suitable candidate for this position.
Please note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.
APL Media Limited is a medium-sized company based in Kentish Town. Over the past 20 years, we’ve focused on travel and lifestyle and have built a friendly, loyal and experienced team.
Trade: Postcards, Travel Trends, ASTA Worldwide Destination Guide.
Consumer: National Geographic Traveller (UK edition), National Geographic Traveller – The Collection, National Geographic Traveller Food and newspaper inserts.