Salary: Up to £24-28k per annum dependent on experience
Start date: ASAP
Deadline for applications: End of Jan 2019
Contact: Via email only: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.
APL Media Limited, based in Kentish Town, seeks a sub editor to join its friendly team focusing on travel and leisure content. This is an ideal role for a self-starter who is calm under pressure, has a superb and meticulous grasp of the English language and grammar and is looking for a small to medium sized company to flex their talent.
What do we do?
We publish a range of titles for both the consumer and trade. Best known is likely to be National Geographic Traveller (UK) and its offshoots from its Guides, to its Collection series.
What we’d expect
For you to be able to write, edit, fact-check and be a whizz at fitting features on screen and proofing skills across a range of titles, from travel, homes, health and money – and more.
On our targeted travel titles (and web/email content) we’d expect you to work on the original copy prior to layout and then on page in Indesign on a Mac. For this you’d have to be able to speak (liaise) with writers, clients and the sales teams and maintain good copy flow while working to scheduled and sometimes rather tight deadlines.
A flair with headlines and intros would be superb, while original ideas and input are always welcome.
If you are interested in this position, please attach a copy of your CV to include a cover letter sharing why you would be great for this role.
Please note: Only candidates meeting the requirements for the role will contacted.
Proficient on a Mac and using Creative Suite (Indesign) and MS Office as well as being Email and Internet savvy.
- Working as part of a team on a range of titles and projects.
- Writing for the Newspaper Inserts and deputising if required.
- Assisting to manage the subbing schedule.
- Work as part of a team – manager, sub/project editor and sub-editor.
- Proofing/subbing a range of travel & lifestyle titles.
- Client/sales/contributor liaison where required.
- Good people skills essential, particularly with the sales team and clients.
- Being able to multi-task and work using your own initiative where required.
- Commissioning editorial for the inserts where required.
- Reporting to the Editorial Director and Project Editor
APL Media Limited is a medium sized company of over 70+ people – based in Kentish Town, London. Over the past 20 years we have focused on travel and lifestyle content for the consumer and trade and have built a friendly, loyal and experienced team. www.aplmedia.co.uk
Trade: Postcards, Travel Trends.
Consumer: National Geographic Traveller (UK edition), National Geographic Traveller – The Collection, National Geographic Traveller Food and Newspaper Inserts