Company Number: 3393234
Registered Address: 30 City Road, London EC1Y 2AB
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act, APL Media Limited act as Data Controller.
If you have questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices, and/or if you wish to review or request a copy of your personal information, please email our Data Protection Officer via: [email protected] or call 020 7253 9909.
- APL Media identifies itself as a Data Controller and is registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), registration number ZA345047. You may lodge a complaint with the ICO in the event of APL Media’s non-compliance with UK Data Protection law.
- In order to provide services to you as an Event Attendee, we collect and store your name, address, contact details, credit/debit card details, communications preferences, and responses to emails and surveys, such as are necessary for the effective provision of the services.
- The Organisers (or any of its sub-contractors) may collect personal information about you in the following ways
- any data which you provide when you complete and submit an application to register on this website(s) or receive email alerts or other communications from The National Geographic Traveller Food Festival;
- any data that you provide via postings to forums and blogs and any other posting that you make to The Organisers (in such circumstances the information posted by you will, of course, also be available to users of the website throughout the world);
- during any transaction with us; and
- any other data which you provide to the National Geographic Traveller Food Festival when you enquire about our activities, email, telephone or write to us or otherwise provide us with personal information.
- We may also receive information about you from third parties, for example a friend who wants to tell you about one of our websites.
- The Organisers will not give your data to any third parties unless required for the proper administration of the event and for the avoidance of doubt, will never give your personal details to third parties for marketing or other non-essential purposes without your informed consent. We may disclose your personal information to such individuals and/or bodies as necessary to ensure compliance with any applicable law, regulation, legal proceeding or governmental request.
- You have the right to contact us in order to remove consent, to correct, amend, or to erase your personal data at any time, where relevant. Where your information is required for statutory record keeping purposes, we reserve the right under UK Data Protection law not to comply with your request.
- The Organisers use various applications to administer your personal data. We do not use these tools to perform profiling or any kind of automated decision-making about you or your organisation.
- The Organisers will hold your personal data in electronic database form, including the use of cloud-based applications. We make sure to select cloud providers who provide suitable guarantees over the privacy and rights associated with your personal data.
- We will keep your personal data for at least the minimum statutory period allowed, normally in the case of your transaction history, this is 6 years. Please note that The Organisation a legitimate interest in retaining your personal data for legal and financial record keeping purposes.
- In order to administer your account and keep records, The Organisers use 3rd-party providers that host data outside of the EU. All such providers commit to the US-EU Privacy Shield and are committed to keeping your data safe. Where appropriate, the providers align to the ISO 27001 standards of data governance.
- As an integral part of administering the event, The Organisers will keep ticket purchasers informed of relevant news and non-promotional information about the event via email. The Organisers will ask you for your consent to use email for marketing or promotional purposes and will provide the means to opt out at any time.
- In order to make sure we do not bother you with irrelevant emails, we retain your communications preferences on a database that has tools for bulk emailing. Your main contact details will be kept for an indefinite period, or until you inform us that you wish us to erase your data or unsubscribe from National Geographic Traveller Food Festival communications altogether.
- We cannot absolutely guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us via the internet and remind you that you do so at your own risk. All personal details are held on encrypted devices, protected with password protection which where possible is dual-factor authenticated.