National Geographic Traveller (UK) Data Privacy Notice – 22 May 2018
Magazine Subscribers, Competition Entrants, Email Newsletter Subscribers, Event Attendees
Company Number: 3393234
VAT number: 701391176
Registered Office: 30 City Road, London EC1Y 2AB
If you have questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices, and/or if you wish to review or request a copy of your personal information, please email our Data Protection Officer via: [email protected] or call 020 7253 9909.
- APL Media identifies itself as a Data Controller and is registered with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), registration number ZA345047. You may lodge a complaint with the ICO in the event of APL Media’s non-compliance with UK Data Protection law
- In order to provide services to you as a Subscriber, we collect and store your contact details and communications preferences, as well as your responses to emails, surveys, competitions such as are necessary for the effective provision of the services.
- APL Media will not give your data to any third parties unless required for the proper administration of your account and for the avoidance of doubt, will never give your personal details to third parties for marketing or other non-essential purposes without your informed consent.
- You have the right to contact us in order to remove consent, to correct, amend, or to erase your personal data at any time, where relevant. Where your information is required for statutory recordkeeping purposes, we reserve the right under UK Data Protection law not to comply with your request.
- APL Media uses various applications to administer your personal data. We do not use these tools to perform profiling or any kind of automated decision-making about you or your organisation.
- APL Media would like to hold your personal data in electronic database form, including the use of cloud-based applications. APL Media make sure to select cloud providers who provide suitable guarantees over the privacy and rights associated with your personal data.
- We will keep your personal data for at least the minimum statutory period allowed, normally in the case of your transaction history, this is 6 years. Please note that APL Media has a legitimate interest in retaining your personal data for legal and financial record keeping purposes.
- In order to administer the company and keep records, APL Media uses 3rd-party providers that host data outside of the EU. All such providers commit to the US-EU Privacy Shield and are committed to keeping your data safe. Where appropriate, the providers align to the ISO 27001 standards of data governance.
- As an integral part of fulfilling its contractual remit to its clients, APL Media keeps its clients informed of relevant news and non-promotional information via email newsletters. APL Media will ask you for your consent to use email for marketing or promotional purposes and will provide the means to opt out at any time.
- In order to make sure we do not bother you with irrelevant emails, we also retain your communications preferences on a database that has tools for bulk emailing. Your main contact details will be kept for an indefinite period, or until you inform us that you wish us to erase your data or unsubscribe from APL Media communications altogether.
- We cannot absolutely guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us via the internet and remind you that you do so at your own risk. All personal details are held on encrypted devices, protected with password protection which where possible is dual-factor authenticated.