National Geographic Traveller (UK) reveals The Cool List 2024 with December 2023 Issue
With the new year fast approaching, National Geographic Traveller (UK) crossed the world to find the 30 most exciting destinations and trends for The Cool List 2024. With landmark hotel openings, ambitious rewilding projects and new train routes, there’s a lot to choose from for your next trip — whether you’re looking to connect with nature in Norway, scale Himalayan peaks or savour the culinary stars of Lima.
The annual Winter Sports guide is also back this month, celebrating the cold season with dozens of ideas for snowy breaks. From the top European ski hubs to guides to Japan, Greenland, Turkey and North America, the 100-page publication offers insights into pistes and peaks worldwide.
Also, inside this issue
- Denmark: Explore Danish maritime culture on a tall ship adventure in the South Funen Archipelago.
- Uganda: The wildlife of Queen Elizabeth National Park.
- Canada: Chasing the Northern Lights in the remote town of Churchill, Manitoba province.
- USA: Long-distance rail trips to take in epic landscapes.
- Melbourne: In Victoria’s state capital, local innovators are breathing new life into forgotten spaces.
- Amman: Culture, cuisine and craft in Jordan’s kaleidoscopic, mountain-fringed capital.
- Tunisia: From laid-back coastal towns and diving spots to mountain trails in the county’s northern reaches.
- Warsaw: Traditional Polish flavours have found a new home in fine-dining establishments.
- Central London: Hotels to escape the crowds at, from budget boutiques to spruced-up luxury boltholes.
Find out more at nationalgeographic.com/travel
Find us on Facebook: facebook.com/NatGeoTravelUK