National Geographic Traveller (UK) Winter Sports guide available free with the December 2023 issue
The annual 100-page Winter Sports guide is out now — included free of charge with the December issue of National Geographic Traveller (UK).
Sustainable ski resorts, the best places to join an amateur Alpine race and the lowdown on the latest kit are all in the National Geographic Traveller (UK) Winter Sports 2023/24 guide.
This year, our 100-page guide includes an in-depth directory to the top winter sports destinations worldwide, from Austria, France, Italy and Switzerland to wider Europe, the Nordics, North America and far beyond. Check out the latest news from the slopes and be inspired by our choice of trips for the season. Elsewhere, our features reveal the top hotels openings in the Alps, where to take the family skiing in Europe and — if you’re seeking new thrills — the best places to try everything from moon-biking and dog-sledding to biathlons for beginners.
Sarah Barrell, senior editor of National Geographic Traveller (UK), said: “Our annual magazine is back, celebrating the winter sports season with hundreds of ideas for breaks worldwide. This issue, a special destination guide provides an expert overview of the key winter sports spots across Europe, and shines a spotlight on the region’s best resorts, new openings and exciting trips. And our destination deep-dive doesn’t stop there. For many skiers, this season will be the first time since the pandemic began that long-haul destinations are back on the map. So, from Japan to Greenland, Turkey to North America, we’ve got some far-flung trip ideas to tempt you, too.”
- Destination Guide: The latest news and expert reviews of the key winter sports resorts for this season, taking Europe, the Nordics, North America and beyond
- Sustainable skiing: We show you where, when and how to enjoy the slopes in a sustainable way
- Alternative snow sports: From snowshoeing to biathlon, moon biking to cross-country, there’s more to the winter season than skiing
- Hotels: From chic mountain spas to fully-catered chalets, we round up the best new hotel openings across the Alps
- Kit reviews: Read our expert-led reviews on the latest ski gear, equipment and versatile winter wear
- Skiing with the family: Europe’s best child-friendly trips, and a magical visit to Oz, in France
- Meet the Instructor: Warren Smith on life as a top British free-skier and coach
Find out more at nationalgeographic.com/travel
Find us on Facebook: facebook.com/NatGeoTravelUK