Start date: ASAP
Deadline for applications: 12 December
Contact via email only: [email protected]
Salary: Up to £24-26k
APL Media, a travel and lifestyle media agency based in Kentish Town, seeks a production controller to work across its portfolio.
APL Media is looking for a production controller to join its growing creative team, working on 50-plus publications across mobile, web and print platforms. The ideal candidate should have experience in a busy production department and be used to processing a large number of pages across both traditional and digital platforms, working to a monthly production cycle.
This is a varied role that involves handling all queries in relation to artwork, including: basic copy chasing; creating and pre-flighting PDFs; advert and html design; liaising with internal sales and editorial teams and external clients and suppliers; and uploading to online printer approval systems. It will suit a multi-tasker who’s used to managing all aspects of the production process while meeting tight deadlines and client briefs.
The ideal candidate will be proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop and Illustrator) on an Apple Mac OS. Experience with Google Ad Manager, Google Analytics, HTML, CSS and WordPress would be desirable.
- Assisting in the production of content and advertising across all platforms, including print publications, digital editions (apps and page-turning magazines), newsletters (using HTML) and websites
- Chasing copy and managing databases
- Ensuring projects and publications adhere to the production schedule
- Managing advertiser, sales and editorial deadlines and regularly liaising with each department
- Checking copy for print and online platforms for clients and editorial staff
- Designing and amending adverts
- Creating and updating HTML newsletters
- Managing online magazines and apps
- Reporting to the editorial director and production manager
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (primarily InDesign, Acrobat, Photoshop and Illustrator) and MS Office (including Outlook, Excel and Word), and hands-on experience of Apple Mac OS
- An understanding of print production and general digital processes
- Professional telephone and email manner
- Excellent time management and high level of organisation
- Ability to multi-task and work independently, where required
- Understanding of editorial issues and processes
- Proficiency in Adobe Dreamweaver, Enfocus PitStop and PitStop Server, WordPress, Google Ad Manager, Google Analytics, Workbooks, Insite and XMF (desirable)
- Knowledge of Photoshop retouching and colour work (desirable)
If you’re interested in this position, send a copy of your CV and a cover letter to [email protected]. Please note, only successful candidates will be contacted.
APL Media produces publications including ASTA Worldwide Destination Guide, newspaper inserts, directories, Postcards, National Geographic Traveller (UK) and National Geographic Traveller Food. Please visit aplmedia.co.uk for further details on the company and its titles.
APL Media Limited is a small, friendly company of 60-plus people, based in Kentish Town, north London. Over the past 20 years, we’ve produced a wide range of travel and lifestyle publications and have grown a friendly, loyal and experienced team that works towards a common goal: furthering our success and promoting a positive working environment. aplmedia.co.uk