We are hiring: Project editor, Lifestyle [Direct response division]
Start date: ASAP
Contact: Via email only: [email protected]
Please note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.
APL Media Limited is seeking a project editor to join its friendly Kentish Town-based office, working within the lifestyle team for its direct response/newspaper division.
We’re looking for an all-rounder who’s capable of working across print and online content, savvy on social media and great with branded and client content. As project editor, you should be able to offer excellent creative ideas and editing skills and be more than capable of managing a project from start to finish. With experience of working with writers, clients and sales teams, you’ll be able to confidently deliver your project to deadline and be the conduit between different departments, including sales, editorial and production.
The role involves managing editorial and commercial content for a series of targeted lifestyle guides that are published with various national newspaper titles. It will also entail the management and maintenance of the products’ online and social presence. Content will range from health and education to travel and homes.
Managing, commissioning, writing, editing, overseeing flatplans, fact-checking and proofing should all be part of your skill base. You’ll work with original copy prior to layout and then on page in InDesign on a Mac. Being able to use a CMS and social media platforms is also a requirement. You may be expected to work on, and develop, other projects as required.
- Oversee and contribute to the development of lifestyle content for the direct response/newspaper division
- Work with print and digital content (and potentially other media)
- Manage and maintain the products’ online and social presence
- Work closely with writers and team members to ensure all materials adhere to the project brief and meet the company’s high standards and style guidelines.
- Good people skills are essential, particularly for dealing with the sales team and clients.
- Collaborate with all departments, including sales, accounts, sub-editors and production.
- Commit to high standards across a broad range of print and online products
- Proficient on a Mac and with InDesign and MS Office
- Work as part of a growing team, reporting to the lifestyle editor
If you’re interested in this position, please send a copy of your CV with a cover letter stating what makes you a suitable candidate for this position.
APL Media Limited is a medium-sized company based in Kentish Town, London. Over the past 20 years, we have focused on travel and lifestyle content for the consumer and trade and have built a friendly, loyal and experienced team.
Trade: Postcards, ASTA Worldwide Guide
Consumer: National Geographic Traveller (UK), National Geographic Traveller – The Collection, National Geographic Traveller Food and newspaper inserts.